The Kano State Correspondent of Liberty TV/Radio, Aminu Nurudeen has debunked the publications by Saturday PUNCH that he was invited by the Kano State Police Command over the viral Video of the Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim Kpotun-Idris.
In a press release in Kano State on Saturday, Nurudeen said that the article erroneously linked his person to a trending video of the IG Police.
“It also erroneously claimed I was invited by the police and that I am currently on the run.
The full text of his press statement below.
Re: Journalist goes into hiding
My attention has been drawn to a widely circulated news report in today’s edition of the Punch newspaper with the above caption.
The article erroneously linked my person to a trending video of the IG Police. It also erroneously claimed I was invited by the police and that I am currently on the run.
I wish to categorically state as follows;
1. That I, Aminu Nurudeen Amin, is not a blogger for Voice of Liberty Newspaper.
2. I never released the said video in circulation.
3. I was never invited by the Kano Police Command and I am certainly not on the run.
4. In my capacity as the Kano State correspondent of Liberty TV/Radio, I have a professional relationship with the Kano State police command as partners in the development of our dear country.
5. The Punch is advised to ensure they get their facts right before promoting false and inaccurate stories.