24 hours after the fire outbreak that ravaged 100 lock-up shops in Akure, the Ondo State capital, two siblings were roasted to death by another mysterious fire that gutted their home located at Edo Lodge in the metropolis.
The siblings, two-year-old ltunu and four-year-old Damilare Omolere, were left in the care of their 11-year-old elder sister, while their parents went out.
Their father, Bode, traveled out of the state, their mother, Blessing, was equally not at home on the sad day.
The eldest child equally left the toddlers alone in the house only to return later to find the house engulfed in flames. Sources said the fire may have been caused by a candle that was left on the table by their sister before she left the house.
Similarly, the President of the Association of Office Documents and Computers, Elizabeth Aina, 52, whose shop was among the 100 lock-up shops gutted by fire last week has died of heart attack four days after the incident.